Monday 22 April 2013

London Marathon: Finished!

Well finished the London Marathon 2013!  It was such a great day, tough, some challenges I had not expected, and very emotional, but SO worth it.
The crowds were fantastic, I was totally overwhelmed for the first hour or two, and there are some points along the course where I was on a real high - Cutty Sark, Tower Bridge and turning towards Buckingham Palace.  The sight of so many people running for Boston was very moving as well.

I'll do a proper update shortly, but just a quick one to say my final time was 5:21:30.  Not as fast as Loch Ness so no PB for my second marathon, but I am just so pleased and blessed to have had the chance to run this great marathon.  Very happy days!  Here are a couple of pics from before and after the race.  Hopefully will upload some my family took of me running soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment