Tuesday 2 April 2013

Easter!

Happy Easter all!  I know this is a little late but never mind!  

Funnily enough I had this weekend planned out about 6 months ago, ever since I got a place in the London Marathon and was planning the date I would do my final long run and start tapering.  Easter was 3 weeks before so I knew at some point myself plus many others would take advantage of the long weekend and get some serious miles in nice and early, so we could treat ourselves to chocolate on Sunday!

So I got my 20 mile run done on Saturday, and as a treat could watch Doctor Who with a bowl of ice cream   Then could relax on Sunday although of course I went to church in the morning - 2 services in fact, one at Ashley and one at Vineyard.

On Monday I did a short 3 mile run, a nice little route, and wore one of my new tee-shirts which I bought on Saturday (I had £15 of Sweatshop vouchers to use).  I absolutely love the Adidas Supernova range of tee-shirts, they are by far the most comfortable I've worn, perfect for the really long runs.  I now have two of the tee-shirts from the range, one in yellow from the VLM store and one in baby blue.  For cold weather, I also have the long sleeved version in royal blue, and the double layer tee-shirt with long sleeve base layer in pink and grey.  When i have done the marathon I will probably reward myself with another of the tee-shirts with the VLM logo!  Since they do get worn a LOT and it's nice to have one for, well, each day of the week!  I'm also keen to try the AdiZero tee-shirt too as I have the halterneck vest top and it's a gorgeous, VERY lightweight top with a lovely feel to it.  Should be good for the hot summer weather.  I quite like the tank top as well as it would have been ideal to wear under the charity vest, but sadly I tried on 3 sizes and it just didn't fit very well.

I am debating what to wear for the marathon, on one hand I would like to wear an Adidas tee-shirt as they are the most comfortable, but I need to wear my charity vest as I am running for them and want to be seem wearing their logo.  Only problem this this particular brand of vest is not a perfect fit and despite exchanging it twice for difference sizes it does tend to rub slightly after about 12 miles!!  I discovered this in a training run last year (and again at the Brighton Half) and I think I just put up with it on the day, this year I think I will cover the parts of my shoulder with tape and vaseline....

It's a bit annoying that we have had such cold weather and has been too cold to run in vest tops and shorts.  So far I have mostly worn 3/4 length tights and tee-shirts which I'm used to, I have not worn the shorts since about October except for a couple of very short recovery runs.  So now the weather is warming up I will need to wear them for a medium run to make sure they still fit and the elastic hasn't gone!!

I would have done a proper "dress rehearsal" on Saturday's 20 mile run, but it was just too cold to wear the shorts and charity vest top.

I was also planning to go swimming yesterday, but sadly I got the days they were open mixed up.  Sports Village was open on Easter Sunday but closed on the bank holiday Monday!  I thought it would be open on the Monday so drove there only to have to turn round again.  There was no Tri-Force swim session either, so had a lazy evening (kicking of the tapering, what better way!).  I went today instead though, at lunchtime and then circuits in the evening with TF.  A lot of core exercises...oooouch.

Total Training

Monday
3 mile recovery run

Tuesday
Cycle to work and home (8 miles)
35 minute swim
Circuits class - 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment