Thursday 21 March 2013

Great evening run and swimming

Had a really great run yesterday evening!  Did my usual 8.3 mile route which I do on Wednesday evenings and something seemed to click as I knocked 4 minutes of my previous best time (1:21)!!  Felt fast and strong.  It was quite cold but at least it wasn't snowing like last week - and it's lighter now in the evenings so remains light into most of my run.

Only problem was I developed a bit of a blister as I have new trainers and this was only the second time I have worn them (did about 3 miles in them a few weeks ago).  They are meant to be the same as my previous pair (sticking to the same make and model) but the 2013 version instead of 2012.  I am really hoping the only reason they rubbed was because they haven't been worn much.  I have a 20 miler and the marathon coming up in just over 4 weeks so it's either those or a pair of older, worn shoes!  And there's no point in taking them back and exchanging them as they don't sell the 2012's now.

Anyway, very glad to have got a PB for that route.  It was also under 10 min miles, whoohoo!  Haven't done that for anything over a 5k since new year!

Also went for a short coached swim with Tri-Force yesterday lunchtime.  Apparently my arms were not following a straight line in the water and instead were curving outwards so i spent the time fixing this.

Cycled to work this morning and also went for a swim at lunch where I worked on my arms again.  Also threw in some fast 50m almost-sprints at the end!  Good times but very tired now!  

Here was my swimming session for today:
200 warm up front crawl
200 front crawl, arms only with pull bouy
2 x 100m front crawl focusing on arms
4 x 50m fast front crawl
100m cool down backstroke

Total training

Wednesday
1000m swimming with TF
8.3 mile run in 1:21

Thursday
Cycle to work (8 miles)
Swimming 900m

No comments:

Post a Comment