Thursday 21 February 2013

This week's running and swimming

Had a couple of decent training sessions yesterday, and a short swim this morning.
Yesterday lunchtime I headed to the pool where the University triathlon club has a few lanes.  Our Tri-Force coach also helps out the uni club and members of either club can go to each other's sessions.  I don't get long in the pool at lunch - an hour's break which means only about 35 minutes actually swimming, but it's always worth it.

So yesterday i focused on arm technique which is generally getting better but I tend to forget if I am concentrating on something else.  During Monday's session my nose-clips unfortunately snapped making for a very uncomfortable session!  I hate not having them!! But at least I spent that session learning not to drown should I loose them during a race.  I bought some more so this session was much more enjoyable.  Also got good use out of my new fins which are a lot of fun, a bit like skydiving booties :)

Had a pretty good run in the evening, 8.3 miles, after work.  Normally during the winter I run immediately after work from the sports village and then drive home afterwards.  However I have become very bored with that route so drove home to do a route I have not done since early last year.  It is a twisty, turny route going into town and then through some of the residential areas and is generally well or reasonably lit so fine to do in winter when it's dark.  It's fairly hilly, as the route S-turns up and down a hilly section of the district, but there is more up in the first half and more down in the second.  It went quite well and my time was 1.29.  I don't have mile splits but feel the second half was stronger and not just because of the downhill.  Makes me feel better after Sunday's very slow HM.

Today (Thursday) has mostly been a rest day although I did go for a swim first thing before work.  I can't make tonight's session with TF as I am volunteering at the homeless shelter.



Total training

Monday:  
3.6 mile recovery run with Matt
90 minute swim with Tri Force

Tuesday: 
Cycle ride to work (8 miles)

Wednesday: 
35 minute swim with Tri Force
8.3 mile run

Thursday
30 minute swim

No comments:

Post a Comment