Wednesday 8 May 2013

Ultimate Race Bucket List

Here are a few of my Must-Do races - my top running/tri/cycling events.  SomeI have done, some I am signed up for, some are hopefully for sometime in the future!  so, in no particular order, the Ultimate Race Bucket List!

London Marathon - done done done!!  Would do it again for sure!

Brighton Marathon - signed up for this one for 2014

Great North Run - Did this in 2012, and have also purchased Great Run membership which gives guaranteed entry for 2013,14 & 15.

Toronto Waterfront Marathon - would love to check out this city.  The medal is also a stunner!  I know that's not the reason to do a race but seriously this is the most beautiful race bling I've ever seen (the organisers were at the VLM expo).

Dubai Marathon - I love this city having traveled there in 2011 and would be great to run the marathon too.

Polar Nights Half Marathon - running in Norway under the Northern Lights, cold, but wow!

Royal Parks Half/Ultra - want to do this one day, either the HM or the 50K Ultra

Ride London 100 - I didn't get lucky in the ballot this year, but would be a great one to do

Half Ironman UK - if I am ever confident of finishing this one within the time limit, I would like to enter it some day, perhaps 2015

Monaco Marathon - this race runs through 3 countries - Italy, France and Monaco.  But it's said to be notoriously tough and there is a strict time limit of 5 1/2 hours so i'd need to both get my time down slightly and ensure I could tackle the tough hills in the heat.

New York Marathon - oh yes.  I just need about £4500 to enter via a charity!

There are dozens of others I'd love to do or are planning on doing but these are the big ones on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment