Friday 8 February 2013

Friday 8th Feb: Rest day! And ballot results


Had a good last couple of days.  I did a medium run of just over 7 miles on Wednesday night which went well.  I had originally pencilled in 9 miles but with a long run coming up and the half marathon from last weekend, I was feeling quite tired and not up to the distance.  Sometimes I guess it is best to listen to your body and do a shorter, better-quality workout than push yourself too far.  I starred with a mile's slow warm up and then had a very good medium paced run for about 6.3 miles.  It was quite a lot colder than I expected though!  I had gloves, but only the thin ones and perhaps i should have worn the thicker ones instead.

Thursday was a bit gentler, I went for a swim at lunch time and worked on some skills, the front crawl is beginning to (slowly) feel more natural now.  I still can't do that many lengths without needed to pause for breath though!  Maybe I set off too fast.... Goodness knows how I'll get through 400m without stopping for the triathlon but at least I look back and can say that a few weeks ago I could barely do 25m of FC without gasping for air!  I had to miss the Thursday Tri-Force evening session as I was volunteering with Centre 33, instead I'd also gone for a short coached session on Wednesday lunchtime.  The Uni triathlon club train then, and TF members can attend them as well.  Had to get back to work though, but it was good to have done 2 short sessions and have something to work on than none at all. 

Today is a rest day, although I did cycle into work on the new racing bike to work as it was a nice morning.  Going to take it easy tonight though as I have a long run tomorrow, probably 17.5 or 18 miles. I can’t believe it’s only about 10 weeks til the London Marathon.  So an peaceful evening in front of a DVD with Hugh Jackman or Robert Downey Jr is my plan!!!

Update - a few weeks ago i applied for the Royal Parks Half, although I'm not sure why since it is only 1 week after the Berlin Marathon.  But there's a bit of me that hates to miss out on any opportunity and if was a case of if I'd got in I'd have just run it very slowly purely for the atmosphere (possibly in fancy dress for charity).  But I'm not in.  OH WELL!  That was a close one!!  I think I will go for it again next year though, it's one I'd love to do and I may even consider the Ultra (50k)......

Oh and second update, got home and waiting for me was the ballot results for Ride London 100.  Didn't get a place in that either.  Can't complain though, I'd rather do one VLM than a hundred Royal Park Halfs and Ride 100's! (both literally and figuratively lol).

Wednesday Total Training

30 minute swim
7.3 mile run

Thursday Total Training

Bike ride to work (8 miles)
30 minute swim

Friday Total Training

Bike ride to work the short way (7 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment