Friday 1 February 2013

Thursday 31st January: Swimming (my birthday!)


Had an easy day today after yesterday’s training (one swim session in the evening), which was nice as it’s my birthday!  I took the car to work and went for a birthday lunch with workmates, then came home and had a bite to eat and cake with family.  Thursdays are a bit busy for everyone though, so I opened my cards and come of my presents, but saving the rest till Friday when we are going out for dinner.  Much nicer on a Friday when you don’t need to get up early the next morning.  I found I was really hungry all day, which is quite usual after a hard day before, tried to be fairly healthy with good carbs and proteins but I did have a lot of cake and chocolate too of course!

In the evening I went for a swimming session with Tri-Force at the sports village.  It was a good session and I am just about able to join in with the drills as part of the lesson plans, rather than just swimming back and forth trying not to drown!  I will probably purchase some fins and a pull buoy; the rest of the group have them and I think they will be useful.  So far I have either not taken part in those drills or borrowed and begged for a spare!  I am a bit nervous about the training in tee-shirts though, it is hard-enough work as it is without the extra drag!  I think I have a skin-tight surfing rashie that I’ll use at first then move on to the baggy tee-shirts later!!!

Total training

1 hour swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment