Friday 30 May 2014

MK and Liverpool Marathons done!

Ok, been a while since my last post, but that's not to say I haven't been busy!  I've done 4 marathons so far this spring, and tomorrow is my final one of the streak - the Kent Roadrunner Marathon.

I did the Milton Keynes Marathon on the early Ma bank holiday, it was a hot day and it was hard work.  It felt like I was walking a lot, but was actually quite pleased with my time of 5.20, as it was 8 minutes faster than London this year, and faster than last year's London time too by a minute.

Liverpool, on 25th May, was much harder, it wasn't so warm but I was just knackered.  I seriously though I'd have to walk virtually all of the second half and my legs just didn't want to go.  I got round in 5.39, so still actually faster than last year's Eden and Prague.  I was trying to follow the 5.30 hr pacer and chatted along quite happily in the group for the first 10k or so, but the hill at 8 miles almost killed me.  I even got interviewed by the local radio station at 12 miles, but I was really embarrassed and can't really remember what I said!

Tonight I'm carb loading by having a meal out with my mum.  It will be nice to spend some time together and I am looking forward to my favourite goats cheese pasta.  Will then have a bath and a very early night, so I can be in Kent for about 8am.

It's 17 laps of a cycling race track, I have no idea how I will cope with this but I will be picturing the medal at the end!  It's a whopper, possibly the biggest in Europe!  I got to see a sneak peak of it at this year's VMLM Expo and I am very impressed.

The Liverpool medal was awesome too, very thick (7mm!) and chunky, full colour satin ribbon and it has excellent colour and detail.  The bling has been amazing recently, I hope my upcoming races all impress too hehehe.

I just can't believe it was only 5 days ago and I've got to run another one....!!

Since I have a lot of half's coming up, I have made the decision to change my entry for the St Albans Half which is next weekend, to the Walker category.  As there is an official category for power walkers, it means I can not only try for a good walking time but also will not actually be permitted to run and therefore save my poor, smashed up legs a little!  Throughout the summer, the half's will mainly just be for fun and I don't really intend to get good times in any of them.  I will concentrate on recovering and then training for the half ironman in Marlow.

Below - Liverpool Rock 'n' Roll and MK Marathon medals - Epic BLING! 




No comments:

Post a Comment