Thursday 17 October 2013

Circuits and short run

I went for a really short, easy run yesterday at lunchtime - I ran for about 20 minutes so doubt it was even for 2 miles!  I just wanted to keep sharp and make sure that a niggly hurt in my knee was not going to affect me too much while running.  Luckily I didn't feel any pain out at all.  I also wore my longer capris as I've not worn them since March, as it's likely I'll need something warmer than shorts for this marathon on Sunday.  Yesterday's run was very wet and rainy - I should have waited until after work when it had turned sunny!

On Tuesday I did the circuits class with Tri-Force which was good fun.  Sadly I can never manage all the exercises as my tailbone injury from last February (yes, nearly 2 years ago!!) can still be painful and I have to avoid things like burpees and other jolting exercises.  Running is always fine as it's so steady, but skipping and star jumps means it begins to twinge and others are just full on no-no.   I have no idea if this will go away any time soon but at least it doesn't affect my running, cycling or swimming!

I haven't cycled to work much this week apart from Tuesday, partly as it really has been quite dark and wet, and also as it's taper week so a good excuse to rest.  Today until Saturday are proper rest days and carb-loading before the Eden Project marathon on Sunday.

Going to be my first cool-weather marathon and looking forward to wearing my new trail top!

No comments:

Post a Comment