Friday 4 April 2014

Two days to go!

Can't believe it's come round this quickly - it's officially Brighton Marathon weekend!  I'm out of work (phew) and about to pack my gear, ready to go!  I'm so excited about it, it's just strange to think after all those months training and long runs, April just whizzed up with barely any warning and here we are.  I'm jealous of everyone getting their number at the expo already!

So! Plan for the weekend!
Tonight - pack bags, panic, obsess, go all OCD over my gels, shorts, decide which shirt to wear, change my mind, change mind again, then finally chill out! I'm going to Harvester tonight with mum for a late Mother's Day present - a bit of early carb loading as well.  Then I'll chill out and watch W1A, perhaps in the bath on my iPad.

Tomorrow, it's all go!  Up early to marshal at parkrun with Ben and Wai Meng, then home, grab gear and catch the train.  Get to Brighton and check into the Hilton (it better be nice) and then meet up with the others and head to the expo.  Pick up race number!!!  Shop!!!  Go for lunch (carbs), purchase crossiants, have Italian for dinner and get an early night.

Sunday.  Race Day!  Get to the start fresh and happy, then run the best marathon yet!

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment